Bukit Jalil, 12 April 2021 – A memorandum of understanding (MoU) between Selgate Healthcare Sdn Bhd (SELGATE Healthcare) and International Medical University (IMU) was signed here today with the aim to cater to the supply and demand of skilled and professional manpower in the areas of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing, among others. This is also part of the initiatives to fulfil the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) of providing quality education and decent work and economic growth.
Present to sign the MoU are:
- Mr Noor Hisham bin Mohd Ghouth – Executive Director, SELGATE Healthcare
- Professor Abdul Aziz Baba – Vice-Chancellor, IMU
- Dr Nurul Mu’az Omar – Managing Director and CEO, SELGATE Healthcare
- Professor Toh Chooi Gait – Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement & Industrial Partnership, IMU
The signing ceremony was also witnessed by representatives from SELGATE Healthcare and IMU.
The synergistic collaboration will be led primarily in the areas of Human Capital Development, Community Engagement and Industrial Partnership, namely:
- Human Capital Development where IMU provides support to SELGATE Healthcare’s manpower needs in terms of training and manpower preparation that may be undertaken via funded programmes. Among some of the programmes offered by IMU will include upskilling programmes such as Nurse aiders and Caregivers for local graduates seeking a career in the healthcare.
- Both organisations will collaborate in community engagement activities to bridge the gap among communities through healthcare awareness programmes. These activities will include talks, workshops, and other sustainable practices.
- As SELGATE Healthcare grows with large networks in healthcare services, it will provide internship and employment opportunities for IMU undergraduates in medicine, dental, pharmacy, and health sciences.
“The healthcare industry is rapidly changing with the acceleration of technology. This partnership is timely as we continue to equip and upskill the healthcare workforce of today and tomorrow with skills that are relevant to meet the demands of the industry,” said Prof Abdul Aziz Baba, Vice-Chancellor, IMU.
“This collaboration is to reduce the unemployment rate of graduates and help improve the economy, especially in the health industry,” said Mr Noor Hisham bin Mohd Ghouth, Executive Director, SELGATE Healthcare Sdn Bhd.
This memorandum of understanding will also benefit graduates from public and private institutes of learning, whom they will be trained by IMU. This is to prepare them for their next career path as “Nurse Assistants” through Selcare Nursing Sdn Bhd.
With the existence of this collaboration, the rate of unemployment will be reduced thus leading to a better economy.
For any media enquiries, please contact Rhainna at +0172222571 or email at email@example.com